Instructions for new or returning Tennessee resident
New residents and returning residents who need to exchange the license from their former state of residence must present:
- Your current license (or certified copy of driving record or other acceptable ID).
(The certified copy of your driving record, known as a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR), must be an original (no photocopies) and issued no more than 30 days prior to your Tennessee application date.)
- Proof of name change, such as original certified court order, marriage certificate, or divorce decree.
- Two Proofs of Tennessee Residency with your name and resident address - NO P.O. BOXES (Documents must be current. Must be dated within last 4 months.)
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Resident Status or Proof of authorized stay or temporary legal presence in the United States
- A Social Security Number or sworn affidavit if no Social Security number has been issued.
PLEASE NOTE: All documents are subject to verification with the issuing agency or source. Documents subject to further verification may delay the issuance of your permit, driver license, or identification only license.
No photocopies will be accepted!
- All new or returning residents must surrender their out-of-state license at time of application for Tennessee license. Tennessee law does not allow a resident of this state to hold more than one valid driver license or ID. Only foreign country licenses/IDs may be retained.
- All new or returning residents must take a Tennessee vision screening at the full-service driver service center. There are additional requirements for commercial driver license holders.
- New or returning residents whose out of state license has been expired for more than six months must take the Tennessee knowledge exam, road skills test, and vision screening.
- Sell Los List Now Angeles Fake Buy idinstate4u Can - Classifieds It I Id com Where New residents from other countries are required to take full tests: vision screening, knowledge exam, and road skills test. They will be allowed to keep the license issued by that country.